Monday, July 12, 2010

Be a Maniac…Maniac on the Floor

The Thought

Own the evening of dancing.

Think flashdance. She had the shock value at that table with the backless tuxedo. Just go a little short of that. If you have want, get the vest, do the menswear look. Make it a little more you by adding a bracelet. The hair tied back is a great option if you’re going out in this, might make it seem a bit less brash without larger hair. Keep it black, or neutral even. Helps to tone things down when you’re pressing the limits!

The Inspiration

image

The Gear

image

image image

Buiyahkah: Halter Vest $14.99

Forever 21: Gale Patent Wingtips$22.80

The Limited: Cassidy Plainweave Highwaist Pant $69.50

2 comments:

  1. I have those F21 wingtips and I absolutely love them! I wear them all the time and always get compliments on them - but they do get dirty pretty quickly. I only wish they came in real leather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? But still, given the idea that it's still that cheap - you have to adore them! I'm figuring the wing tips may leave my closet a few seasons from now, so my pocketbook won't "lurch" that month if I get these!! If you're looking for a solid pair - you may want to look at dance shops, I'm a swing dancer and these are a vintage hit!

    ReplyDelete