Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

image This week marks my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving.

I adore cooking for this day. The idea that a meal still takes this long to prepare, let alone the house trimmings and the good anxious feeling waiting for guests to arrive, it makes the day for me. It also marks the beginning of Christmas and the rush of shopping on Friday is something I still giggle about watching people strive for the perfect Christmas gift.

I have alot to be timagehankful for this year. Both big and little. I’m proud to say that I’m still working and living and breathing and in my home. I’m thankful that my largest student loan, and aside from my mortgage, the largest financial burden I’ve ever taken on – has been paid off. I’m also proud to say that I’m planning a personal trip to Italy next year, realizing a life long dream of mine.  I’m proud to say I was promoted at work – and feel that I earned this promotion and will continue to work with gusto for the next one. I’m thankful for dancing and how busy it’s kept me – keeping my mind off of the things that perhaps would have gotten to me in the past. I’m thankful for my friends, the ones who are there full stop – and the ones who peek in every so often sometimes when they don’t realize how much I needed that contact at the moment. I’m thankful for the love I’ve received, and I can only hope that I’ve loved enough in return.

Enjoy this week’s blogs, they are dedicated to giving you and your home and your world a fantastical fall flourish and to give you a moment to give thanks in your own way. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment