Thursday, January 7, 2010

Company Coming?







Herb Crusted Rib Roast



Pick up a roast - I used a 4 lb roast that said "braise" on the label. I'm sure this works for many cuts of meat (try pork?)



Smear that roast with oil and sear on all sides in a frying pan for about 10 - 20 minutes.



1 cup of sour cream plus a healthy 3 Tbsp of horseradish - mix and "lotion" your seared and cooled roast with it.



1 cup of bread crumbs (I used potato bread in my food processor, you can pre-buy in the can), 1/4 of herbs (i used thyme only), salt and pepper, 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix and pat on top of sour creamed roast.



Bake at 350 degrees for 2.5 - 3 hours until desired done-ness is achieved.



I did this for my family's Christmas Eve dinner. We were still talking about it at New Years Eve. Now, coming from my family, that seems normal, we tend to hover around protein and chat about food as if it were the news, but really, it's a fantastically easy dish to make and the sandwiches were fantastic (even cold) the next day.



Serve this alongside some roasted veggies and mashed potatoes and you've got a meal on the fly that looks and tastes like you spent hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment